This was a wonderful evening. We left the three little ones (Titan, Lydia and Hanah) at the Hotel with Uncle PJ and headed downtown to see Mary Poppins. We got there in plenty of time and found our seats and relaxed a bit. I have to say this production was wonderful. There were some surprise songs and story lines and that made the whole show amazing. My favorite songs were "Supercalifragilistic!" (Jamie check my spelling!) and Step in Time which was a tap dance/stomp routine. It brought tears to my eyes they were so good. After the performance Jamies comment to me was (in a whisper) "I think it was better than "Wicked" Aunt Mony." And I may have to agree. Jamie we may have to go see both shows again to be certain. After the show we ventured home. WE had to stop at the McDonalds first and frustrate Papa Jim with ordering a coke, a few chocolate milk shakes, some waters and fries. With such a simple order he still got confused and nervous. Ordering fast food for any but himself is quite the feat for him. The night was great and I am thankful for sharing it with my family and Nieces.
The Mary Poppins Truck.
After the show we always try to find the stage doors and wait for the actors and crew to come out so we can congratulate them and get a quick picture. So here are the Girls with Mary Poppins!
Ringing in the New Year
14 years ago

2 comments:
Wow that looks like so much fun. How amazing that you got pictures with some of the actors! I love a good broadway show. Looks like everyone had fun. (Oh, I also love the monkeys!)
Melissa
How fun for you. I took Amber and Megan to Mary Poppins in London when we were living in Europe. We loved it! We were most impressed with the kids and the moral of the story.
Post a Comment