We had an great time going up to the citys and biking with our family on July 5th. We drove up there and biked on a wonderful trail. Hardy Lee of course rode with no problems as well as Daddy, Lydia and Shawn. Mommy and Blake on the other hand had a very different experience. This was Blakes first big time bike ride and he choose to ride his own bike instead of being pulled. We thought no problem. Well....after riding really slowly and almost giving up a couple of times he did manage to bike the 5+ miles to the park and wading pool were we stopped for lunch and a quick dip in the water. He then continued on for about another 2+ miles to the lake where we stopped to play at the playground and enjoy some ice cream. He was a real champ. Then where I had difficult was when I got a bit to impatient with Blake and decided to ride ahead and attempt to flip a u-turn when I forgot I had breaks half way through the turn and ended up crashing on the side of the trail. Yep I came home with some sraps and bruises, especially on my wrist and hand, but the srape I am most thankful for is the one on my neck which was caused by a branch sticking up off the ground. If it was closer to the road or if I fell just inches closer than it waould have cause more damaged that a little scratch. I am fine and just thankful that no more damage was done. Overall we had a great time and ejoyed the outdoors and the time with family. Thank you Stacey and Brent for a fabulous workout.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Biking on the 5th with the Preators
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment