Here is a poem I just wrote to show my love to my wonderful Husband and my wish to all mommies out there. Hardy thank you for this morning!
Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house
the kids were awake not as quite as a mouse.
The sun was still down and night was still high
why oh why don't I just start to cry.
They wake up so early with much energy inside,
I wish I could bottle it. I'd make a bundle so high.
They run through the house looking for things to do
does Sponge bob on TV not keep their eyes glued.
I force myself awake making breakfast for all
settling them down off the living room wall.
Then what do my eyes see that gives such relief
but a wonderful husband looking on with no grief.
he says in a sweet voice every mother should hear,
"Go back to bed, My sweet wife, My gentle Dear."
And so I head off to slumber a few more hours in bed
while knowing my children are taken care of by he whom I wed.
I sleep with no care and get well deserved rest
When was the last time I my dreams were the best.
I woke up at such an unheard of hour
The clock read 11 and I had not even showered.
I got out of bed to see and to hear
My Husband call out over the children ears
"Merry Day after Christmas My Sleepy Head,
I love you, I love you, So glad your out of bed!"
Ringing in the New Year
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment