Boys will always amaze me. Hardy Lee was taking a shower today and called me into the bathroom because he did not know why his chin was bleeding. When I looked closer at his chin I noticed three small lines. I wondered "Did my son just start shaving?", and "When did he grow up and be old enough to even think about shaving?" Well with further investigation, he did try to shave on his own and did cut himself. He was so worried that his chin was never going to stop bleeding that he started to tear up. Big Hardy and I held back the laughter long enough to explain how to put the tissue on the cut to stop the bleeding and explain to him that he does not need to shave like his daddy does just yet. "The time will come soon," we tried to explain to him. He then looked at me with those big brown eyes (and bless his big heart) said as sincerly as possible while pointing right under his nose and above his lips "I should have started shaving up here huh?"
He is determined to grow up and I am determined to keep him young as long as possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment